Six Flags Great Ameirca Fright Fest. | Special to Sun-Times Media
Updated: October 14, 2012 1:29PM
A man whose daughter fell while being chased by a character at Six Flags Great America’s Halloween-themed Fright Fest last year has filed a $30,000 lawsuit against the Gurnee theme park.
Marian Pieczonka claims his young daughter Natalie, whose age was not disclosed, was at the park Oct. 9, 2011, for Fright Fest at the Hunted Trails when a character jumped out of a port-a-potty, frightening her, and shot her with a water gun.
She tripped and fell as the character began to chase her, leaving her with scrapes, cuts and bruises, the suit, filed Monday in Cook County Circuit Court, claims.
Her father blames Six Flags Great America for encouraging employees to frighten and chase patrons inside the park, despite the presence of tripping hazards, the suit said.
Six Flags Great America spokeswoman Kathryn Enrique said Tuesday the park has no comment on the lawsuit.
“However, I can assure you that the safety and well-being of our guests and employees is our top priority,” Enrique said.
The one-count suit seeks $30,000 in damages.